A sold-out event of 160 delegates, from 14 different nations and over 90 companies, are here for dynamic and inspirational keynote presentations followed by discussion from experts and industry big players.
The event, titled A More Strategic Supply Chain, will explore the key trends and opportunities in today’s CO2 supply chain, from new and alternative sourcing channels to evolving production technologies and the development of end-user applications.
Experts from a variety of companies will be on hand to present and speak on the new, the trending and the traditional applications which are driving demand as well as new technologies.
The North American CO2 Summit 2019 will also provide invaluable networking opportunities between gas suppliers, end-users and equipment innovators alike, with 25 exhibitors.
gasworld Publishing Director Martyn Hammond opened the event, which will now be followed by a variety of keynote speakers covering the hot topics in the CO2 industry here in Indianapolis.
Hammond said, “I am very excited to welcome our delegates to this smart venue for our first gasworld CO2 Summit in North America. We are proud to have some of the most prestigious speakers from the CO2 industry as well as high-profile end-users on the agenda and I hope that delegates enjoy the hospitality at this fabulous location. We’re delighted to welcome lots of new faces to the event, as well as our returning delegates for some excellent networking opportunities and presentations.”
Wally Brant, CEO of local distributor Indiana Oxygen, delivered the opening keynote presentation during which he outlined the history of his 104-year-old independent business, taking it from the brink of bankruptcy to “meteoric growth”, as well as stressing the importance of the CO2 supply chain.
“If you imagine you are Major League Baseball player and you have just won the World Series,” Brant said.
”Up comes the sports reporter who has been on your back all season, and you go to open your can of beer, and nothing. We should all be interested in the CO2 supply chain.”
A variety of industry specialists will deliver engaging speeches throughout the day, including:
Session 1 – Sourcing and Reliability
- Chris Ebeling, Executive Vice-President of Sales and Marketing, US Bulk, at Messer Americas
- Maura Garvey, Principal and Director of Market Research at Intelligas Consulting
- Miguel Wheelock, Owner at AOC Mexico S.A. de C.V.
Session 2 – Future Sourcing and Supply
- Brett Henkel, Co-Founder & Vice-President, Strategic Accounts & Government Affairs at Inventys
- Sam A. Rushing, Advanced Cryogenics
- John Campbell, President of Intelligas Consulting
Session 3 – Applications and Utilisation
- Dwight Garrels, Department Manager – Process and Mechanical Engineering, at Haskell
- Rohit Thawani, Global Procurement Director at The Coca-Cola Company
- Zane Butler, Vice-President of Sales at TOMCO2 Systems
- Bob Knight, Applications Development Manager at Chart Industries
- Damian Beauchamp, Chief of Staff and Chemist at 8 Rivers/NET Power
- Bob Haldrup, Senior Vice-President at Irving Materials, Inc.
Follow the summit
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news, views and developments at the 2019 North American CO2 Summit via the gasworld website, updated throughout the event.
gasworld will also be tweeting live updates during the conference, which you can follow on Twitter using the hashtag #GWIndy19
A full review of the conference will be published in the forthcoming editions of both gasworld and gasworld (US) magazine.