The H2 Refuel Accelerator, a partnership between Fraunhofer TechBridge, Greentown Labs and the Urban Future Lab, is seeking innovations for the adoption of hydrogen infrastructure and supply chain technologies through cost reduction, reliability and new capabilities.
Solutions of interest to programme sponsors Shell and Toyota include:
- Startup technologies that promote reduction of capital costs, operating costs or streamlining of infrastructure construction
- Startup technologies that increase the reliability of hydrogen infrastructure and capabilities on a global scale
- New capabilities in the full range of the hydrogen value chain and infrastructure
Applicants will be evaluated based on the potential impact of their solution to enhance current and future markets using hydrogen as an energy source for mobility.
The selected awardee(s) are eligible for one or more of the following:
- Up to $50,000 in startup technology validation, demonstration and piloting services from Fraunhofer US Centres or Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft Institutes
- Desk space at one or both of the partnered incubators
- 80+ hours of training and mentorship from the region’s top business and industry experts
- Access to mentors and connections from Shell and Toyota’s networks as well as the combined networks of the Urban Future Lab and Greentown Labs
Moreover, this opportunity provides the context and framework to build close relationships with Shell and Toyota which may, upon program conclusion, potentially result in an investment, joint development agreement, technical project, pilot and/or additional partnership format(s).
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is supporting the H2 Refuel Accelerator through its ACRE incubator at the Urban Future Lab.
This funding will be used to accelerate the commercialisation of promising clean energy technology in New York State through collaboration with industry leading corporations and partners.
Proposals are due by 13th March (2019).
From the Hydrogen Economy to the merchant refinery hydrogen market, for all the latest news, views and analysis of the global hydrogen business, visit and bookmark gasworld’s dedicated Hydrogen Zone.
The Zone includes market reports and intelligence, interviews, profiles of who’s-who in the hydrogen sector, and further reading items. Make sure you visit it today!